6/2/09

Greetings from the Lower 48

Greetings from south central Utah, from the thriving metropolis of Price, population about the same as Sitka. Pastor Dan invited me to join the blog here and post something. I promised I would so here it is.

Linda and I are thoroughly enjoying our new life here. Last week we spent some time in Fairbanks/North Pole with the kids and had a blast. There are moments when we do miss Alaska, but it is the people we shared so much joy, grief, and love we miss more than the landscape.

From the temperate rain forest to the medium high desert, we find ourselves in another incredible landscape. The congregation is a blast. I did not think I would have this much fun at this end of my career as a pastor. But I am, we are, and thank God for all those blessings.

We were gratified to see that the boat is being refloated and the gospel will again ride the high seas. Pastor John Stevens is about 6 hours away from us up in Idaho and we are planning a couple of fund-raisers for the boat's ministry and for camping here in Utah and Idaho. An evening of Music and Magic. End of September and first part of October. First show here in Price, travel day, then the show at John's congregation(s) in Idaho. Come on down if you are int he area.

The WELCOME mat is always out so if you are traveling this way, let us know. We'd love to show you the new world out here.

Peace and Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Oops. Jim and Linda Drury at Ascension St. Matthew's Lutheran Episcopal Church.

    ReplyDelete